Here you will find a broad array of articles on musculoskeletal and rheumatologic conditions written by rheumatologists, psychologists, orthopedic surgeons and other experts. Often during an office visit a patient may not have enough time or the opportunity to ask all of their questions. Even with enough time, it is often hard for the patient and family to understand or recall all that is said and /or process all of the medical information provided at the time of the visit. At the Patient Information link, we try to provide you with key information about common diagnoses, tests, and treatments to answer your important questions.
There is more at the site in addition to the patient friendly articles:
- Receive email alerts about events, laws, and policies affecting patients and the sub-specialty of rheumatology and affecting access to health care.
- Receive email alerts when new information for patients is uploaded to the Rheumatology Information site.
- Participate in Patient Teleconferences conducted by well known practicing rheumatologists from across the US. At the end of the teleconference you will have the opportunity to have your questions answered by the speaker. Invitations will be emailed to you prior to each teleconference.
- Access the Archived Patient Teleconferences at any time.
- CAUTION: this information is provided as a resource; it does not take the place of talking with your physician, and is not a comprehensive update on treatment risks and benefits. Medical care and advice can only be provided by your physician.
Information about Practice Management
Practice Administrators will be provided with “Practice Management Alerts” – relevant information on an ongoing basis. The purpose of this web page is to keep administrators current regarding events and policies affecting medical practices; enabling them to deal quickly and effectively as practice management challenges arise. A Practice Administrator’s Discussion Board will enable administrators to read and write responses to the Practice Management Alerts; facilitating useful interactions between medical practice administrators. Links to other resources on important practice management topics will be posted as well. Physicians and Allied Health Professionals can access the Practice Management site as well.
Practice administrators will:
- Receive an email when a new “Practice Management Alert” has been posted.
- Receive notification when a comment has been posted on the Practice Administrators’ Discussion Board.
- Participate in Practice Management Teleconferences conducted by well known rheumatology practice administrators from across the US. At the end of the teleconference you will have the opportunity to have your questions answered by the speaker. Invitations will be emailed to you prior to each teleconference.
- Access the Archived Practice Management Teleconferences at any time.
Information for Physicians and Allied Health Professionals
We are dedicated to providing a wide variety of online tools to assist you in accessing high quality acredited and non-acredited medical education, and practice management information. Our content is developed by leaders in their field.
- We offer online programs with CME credit for rheumatologists, community physicians and allied healthcare professionals on this website.
- You will be able to download CME slide decks in PDF Format from the website.
- You will receive email alerts about new CME postings on the site.
- Participate in Rheumatology Teleconferences on clinically relevant topics in rheumatology. At the end of the teleconference you will have the opportunity to have your questions answered by the speaker. Invitations will be emailed to you prior to each teleconference.
- You can access the archived Rheumatology Teleconferences at any time.
In addition, you will:
- Receive email alerts about events, laws, and policies affecting patients and the sub-specialty of rheumatology, and affecting access to healthcare.
- Read and write responses and interact on the Practice Management Message Board
- Access the archived Practice Management Alerts at any time.